Tchat : Nos Salons

RSRBRLive : connectés
Connecté(s):

Serveur TS

Serveur: 87.98.129.250:4002
Mot de passe: rallyesim

Partenaires

Forum Rallyesim

FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   Liste des MembresListe des Membres   Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 
PROBLEM: Crash To Desktop (CTD) starting RBR via RSRBR4.exe
Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2, 3, 4  Suivante

Ce forum est verrouillé; vous ne pouvez pas poster, ni répondre, ni éditer les sujets.   Ce sujet est verrouillé; vous ne pouvez pas éditer les messages ou faire de réponses.    RALLYESIM Index du Forum -> RSRBR - PC
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Aube
Administrateur
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Mer 23 Mai 2007 19:40:52    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

The problem is that RSRBR 4 takes many resources. Most of the time, bugs are due to a problem of computer more than RSRBR. If the installation was correctly made, it is necessary to look of highly-rated for material:
- The graphics card is aimed in the first one where from the importance of the updates of the drivers.
- It is also necessary to see if there is enough place on your hard disk.
- Sometimes, a dust removal from the computer is necessary.

Did you install the "RSRBR_patch"?

Did you put well every file downloaded to install in the root of the game?

You would have to can give us the maximum of information to be able to help you in best.

CU

Clin_oeuil

Aube
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé MSN Messenger
Stefan Roess
Apprenti pilote
Apprenti pilote

MessagePosté le: Mer 23 Mai 2007 22:27:48    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Aube a écrit:
The problem is that RSRBR 4 takes many resources. Most of the time, bugs are due to a problem of computer more than RSRBR. If the installation was correctly made, it is necessary to look of highly-rated for material:
- The graphics card is aimed in the first one where from the importance of the updates of the drivers.
- It is also necessary to see if there is enough place on your hard disk.
- Sometimes, a dust removal from the computer is necessary.

Did you install the "RSRBR_patch"?

Did you put well every file downloaded to install in the root of the game?

You would have to can give us the maximum of information to be able to help you in best.

CU

Clin_oeuil

Aube

Hi,

RBR runs fine before installing RSRBR. Also any other race simulation on my PC (GPL, GTL, GTR2, rF, LfS, NR2003, NetcarPRO, ...)

- I installed the latest nVidea GeForce drivers 94.24 for my card (GeForce 7800 GTX 256 MB PCIe).
- free disk space is over 6 GIG on my games partition
- dust is removed. cpu and graphics card temperature are fine
- also tried the "RSRBR_patch", if you mean the RSRBR IV - Corrective (Date : 25/12/2006)
http://domain863178.sites.fasthosts.com/defaut.asp?page=downloadfiles&category=1

I am really running out of ideas what causes this problem. Crying or Very sad
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Visiter le site web de l'utilisateur
Aube
Administrateur
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Jeu 24 Mai 2007 09:49:50    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Stefan Roess a écrit:

- free disk space is over 6 GIG on my games partition

Try to install RBR and RSRBR on your C: drive.
Certain persons met problems when RBR and RSRBR was installed on another partition than C:

Other question :

The downloaded files are in yellow files. It is necessary to extract these files and to put them in the root of the game directly. Did you make it? Sorry if I ask for so many details but I propose errors that we have already seen very often.

Thx Stefan

Aube

PS : I try to help you better... and I'm very bad in english Confused Wink
Stefan Roess
Apprenti pilote
Apprenti pilote

MessagePosté le: Jeu 24 Mai 2007 10:44:59    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Salut Aube!

I only have about 2.5-3 GIG empty disc space on my C (Windows) partition, which is not enough for RSRBR. So, no chance to install RBR on my C drive.

On the other hand RSRBR 3 also worked on my F (Games) partition.
Bevore you ask Smile RSRBR is not anymore on my hard drive, I have done a fresh XP install in between.

Technical question:
Why does RSRB need/check the C drive? Does (standard) RBR check/need or store any files on the C drive, although it is installed on my F drive?

Yes, I put alll files in the RBR root folder and installed or extracted them.

Don`t worry to ask any question even if it might sound "stupid" as you need to know what I have done or have not done in order to be able to help me.

Merci beaucoup pour ton aide Aube!
Stefan

P.S. Don`t worry about your english, it is fine!
I just wish I could remember more french I once had learned at school Sad
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Visiter le site web de l'utilisateur
Flat-twin
Modérateur
Modérateur

MessagePosté le: Jeu 24 Mai 2007 11:54:34    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Stefan Roess a écrit:

Technical question:
Why does RSRB need/check the C drive? Does (standard) RBR check/need or store any files on the C drive, although it is installed on my F drive?

P.S. Don`t worry about your english, it is fine!
I just wish I could remember more french I once had learned at school Sad

As a lot of software (for what I know), RBR has to be registered in the windows partition. I meen that when you install a program in another drive, it will still has to acces the register which is in your windows folder. Thus when you format your windows partition, a lot of programs have to be repared or even reinstalled, even if they are not on your windows drive (it works like this for me)

So it's not surprised that RBR wants to access the C: drive.

About your french, I think you do better than me with German. I learned it but I don't remember vocabulary so I'm not really able to speak (I can just say "Zum geburtztag viel glück" when it's time Laughing).
Stefan Roess
Apprenti pilote
Apprenti pilote

MessagePosté le: Jeu 24 Mai 2007 12:17:30    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Hi Flat-twin,

guess I posted my question not right. Yes I know, that most software registers in windows and so does RBR. The question is, does RSRBR check where RBR is installed respectively that it is on drive F: in this case?
Would it be possible to edit the registry entries or maybe even a file in RSRBR to point to the RBR installation drive F: ?

As Aube said, some users had alreday problems when RBR is not installed on C. Did they get any error messages?
As said before I don`t get any error message at all. When I click "Launch" (after selectin cars and surface) the screen turns black for a moment just like it wants to start the RSRBR mod but it doesnt. It just crashes back to desktop.

I also thought it could be graphics related, but
the latest nVidea GeForce drivers 94.24 and DirectX 9.0c (februar version) didn`t bring a solution.

This is really strange.

Thx!
Cu
Stefan

P.S. Good that we can all speak english to communicate. Looking at the French forum I was really lost Confused Smile Very Happy
Aube
Administrateur
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Jeu 24 Mai 2007 12:41:09    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Thx for your help Arnaud Very Happy

To Stephen : Why do you make all this partitions on your computer ? it's not necessary (or 1 just for save all your files Wink).... Very Happy

RBR does not work, because RSRBR cannot settle down correctly he does not manage to find some files which he needs in Windows.

RSRBR4 is completely different from RSRBR3. Everything was reshaped so that packs and mods can take care very quickly (10 in 20sd). It was completely reprogrammed to facilitate its use.

So... try to put the game on C: drive please Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy (witch more than 5Go on your hard disk Wink)

Best regard

Clin_oeuil
Aube
Administrateur
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Jeu 24 Mai 2007 12:53:40    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

For me... It's a technical problem... Perhaps your card sound. Can you tell us ?

Thx Wink
Stefan Roess
Apprenti pilote
Apprenti pilote

MessagePosté le: Jeu 24 Mai 2007 14:04:30    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Onboard sound is deactivated in BIOS as it didn`t work with good old GPL Smile therefore I use a Terratec Aureon 5.1 Fun sound card without any problem with any game.
http://de.terratec.net/

Very Happy Some reasons for partitions: Clin_oeuil
- Allowing for dual boot setups
- Protecting or isolating files
- Raising overall computer performance
- Higher levels of data organization

There is really no chance to get 5 GIG on my C: drive at the moment and I won`t do a fresh install just to run RSRBR Clin_oeuil

Did all users who can run RSRBR install on C: ? I guess there are many who have multiple partitions and did not install on C:
Does that mean that RSRBR does not run if it is not installed on C: ???

Cu
Stefan
Aube
Administrateur
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Ven 1 Juin 2007 09:53:35    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Stefan

I see with an other pilot, that RSRBR4 don't walk with windows lsd. Have you it ?
I try to read all post of this problem to see if problem is resolved.

Thx Wink
Ce forum est verrouillé; vous ne pouvez pas poster, ni répondre, ni éditer les sujets.   Ce sujet est verrouillé; vous ne pouvez pas éditer les messages ou faire de réponses.    RALLYESIM Index du Forum -> RSRBR - PC Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2, 3, 4  Suivante
Page 2 sur 4

Sauter vers: